- My mother goes to Greece, economic turmoil ensues. My mother goes to Egypt, Arab Spring spreads to Tahrir Square. My mother goes to the United States on an extended road trip, the US Government shuts down for the first time in 18 years. DON’T go anywhere after my mother visits. It will not end well.
- There’s nothing wrong with being proud of creating a slow-cooker roast and Yorkshire pudding cups. Even if it involves putting meat in a pot for 8 hours and combining three ingredients in a hot oven.
- Being the first person into a store when it opens in the morning has a weird feeling to it, like you shouldn’t be in there.
- When you have a cold, the part of your brain that remembers where you put down your used tissues seems to falter more times than not. It’s like Signs but with Kleenex everywhere.
- It’s only been 96 days since the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. I still missed you hockey.
- I don’t know whether to laugh or feel bad. I wrote that while laughing.